Listen to 300+ podcasts by best-selling authors, published Wednesday, 4pm EST!

Changing Your Name

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Advice on Las Vegas Wedding Planning and other Las Vegas Weddings topics.

Where in Las Vegas is a good place to get married?

Changing Your Name

No matter where you get married, if you decide to change or hyphenate your last name, you will need to notify several companies and organizations. These include any credit card companies, banks, the Social Security Administration, your employer, the Department of Transportation, insurance companies, car and voter registration departments, property title holders, clubs, and the post office for a new name address. Most companies or organizations, such as the Social Security Administration and the Department of Transportation, will require to see your marriage license or your new Social Security card. Be sure to contact each organization to find out exactly what they require as proof of identification before going to apply for a new card.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Las Vegas Weddings Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Byron White